Hardwood Flooring Installation Services
Wood floor installation begins with picking the floor that best suits your design and decorating needs. We work with you to select the best wood species and finish based on your lifestyle. Important factors such as the amount of traffic the floor will likely endure are taken into consideration.
- We install pre-finished and engineered floors.
- We install unfinished floors & sand/finish them with a polyurethane or water based finish.
- We supply & install all types of wood flooring from Brazilian Cherry to White Oak.
- We supply & install wood flooring of various widths. Standard floor width is 2.25 inches (wider floor board face widths available).
- We also install Floating Wood Floors. A floating floor does not need to be nailed or glued to the sub-floor and can be installed over most existing floors, including concrete, ceramic, vinyl, wood and even some indoor/outdoor carpet.
Wood Floor Staining
The staining process is performed after the sanding of the hardwood floors are complete.
- We first sand the wood floors in order to remove existing polyurethane or water based finishes.
- We use 24 grit, 60 grit, & 80 grit paper during sanding process.
- We buff the floors with a 120 grit screen.
- Apply preferred color of stain to wood floors. We can stain floors a wide spectrum of colors (light and dark).
- Apply 3 coats of either an oil based polyurethane or water based finish.
- Satin, semi-gloss, & high gloss finishes are available..
- We do not install laminate floors. In addition to not being durable, some laminate floors can cause health because of the floors' toxic makeup.
Demolition and Removal
- We demo, remove and dispose of existing hardwood floors, tile & carpeting.
- We supply waste containers and transport debris to waste management.
- When replacing carpeting with hardwood floors, we dispose of it at a waste management facility.
- We clean up thoroughly during and after each process.
- We seal off living areas with plastic during each process to prevent dust from traveling.
- Our sanding machines have built in vacuum systems to minimize dust clean-up
We provide and install any type of tongue and groove hardwood floor.
Call today for a free estimate on all your wood flooring needs (617) 254-2558.